Shipping and Receiving Warehouse Clerk
Location – Wylie, TX 75098
Industry – Personalized Gifts – Mini Oak Barrels
Job Type – 30- 40 hours per week
Shipping Clerk Duties and Description
· Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; determines most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
· Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and/or logs inventory which is shipped or received.
· Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment; may process return shipments from customers.
· Support the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
· Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
· Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
· Perform monthly inventory of stock.
· Assemble products for customer use as needed.
· Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Education and Experience:
· Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
· Minimum of a high school education. May consider a senior in high school if schedule permits
· Must have basic computer skills and willing to learn how to use shopping cart software.
· Ability to perform simple arithmetic.
· Attention to detail
· Required to lift up to 80 lbs.
· Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
· Exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors, fumes, oils. Also, exposure to oak barrels (in case you are allergic to oak)
· Warehouse environment.
· Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals.
· Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
Resumes must include the following:
· Complete work history
· 3 references with contact information
· Daytime phone number where you may be contacted.
· Email address
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org